Summary of role:
We are offering an opportunity for a part time colleague to join our team to provide high quality support and housing management for homeless young people (including care leavers) in our medium to low support hostel, Southwold House, in Yate.
1625 Independent People (1625ip) is a leading youth homeless charity based in the South West, working with over 2,500 young people. We have strong local partnerships and adhere to the best practice in the sector, thereby building trusting relationships between young people and 1625ip staff is at the core of our work.
What we are looking for:
- You have a real interest in helping young people develop their confidence and their independent living skills, and in working with young people to arrange activities and involvement opportunities.
- You are hardworking, willing to be flexible in your role and able to work Friday afternoons / evenings (fortnightly) and weekends.
- You have an awareness of relevant health and safety issues and how this affects you, young people, colleagues and other stakeholders.
Whilst experience of working in the supported housing sector would be desirable, it is not essential – having a positive, can do attitude is the most important thing.
What you will be doing:
- Responding to queries from young people, providing face to face support as necessary; encouraging and engaging people to meaningfully occupy their time.
- Checking the building for any health and safety concerns – reporting concerns and maintenance as needed.
- Providing a welcoming and inclusive service to visitors, manage post, email and telephone calls to a high standard.
- Managing challenging behaviour within the project when it happens.
This role offers a great opportunity to develop skills, knowledge and experience in support work, particularly within supported accommodation. Our commitment as a learning organisation means you will be able to develop in the role and we will provide a full induction and ongoing training.
You will be in the South Gloucestershire team and your line manager will be the Hostel Team Leader – Southwold House.
What we are offering:
- 30 days holiday (pro rata for part time) plus 8 Bank Holidays (pro rata for part time) or a day in lieu if working a Bank Holiday.
- Regular supervision, yearly Personal Development Reviews and a supportive team, enhanced through monthly Reflective Practice session where we learn from our own and each other’s experiences.
- A listening and learning environment, with regular Wellbeing Surveys.
- Employer pension contribution of 4%.
- Hours per week: 18.5 (working on a rota providing cover on Friday, Saturday, Sunday). This represents 0.462 of full-time equivalent (FTE) hours.
- Contract type: Permanent
- Salary range: £18,426 – £19,554 per annum (pro rata based on 0.462 of FTE)
- Salary scale: NJC scale 4-7 starting at the bottom of the scale (based on revised NJC scales as of 01 April 2019)
- The locaton: You will be based in Southwold House in Yate, within walking distance of the train station with excellent links to central Bristol.
- Job tenure: Part time
For the full information and to apply please visit their website
- Application deadline closes: 23:59 on 26 July 2019
- If you have not heard from us by 30 July 2019 please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
- Interviews are on 2 August 2019.