Job Title: Weekend Housing Worker
Summary of role: Please find full details of how to apply via our Website in the advert below. The deadline for application submissions is 23:59, Sunday 23rd August 2020.
We have an opportunity for a new colleague to join our Woodleaze team; Woodleaze is a new and exciting 24-hour high support 18-bed accommodation service for young people in Yate. Working in partnership with South Gloucestershire Council and Solon Housing Association, a building is being refurbished to provide accommodation and community training space.
Please note that we are recruiting for two Weekend Housing Worker posts at 0.453 FTE.
We are passionate about what we do, and we work hard to make a positive change to young people’s lives. Join us and be a part of this amazing effort to end youth homelessness!
We are a leading youth homelessness charity based in the South West, working with over 2,500 young people. We have strong local partnerships and adhere to the best practice in the sector. We build trusting relationships between our young people and our colleagues and this is at the core of our work.
What we are looking for:
- You engage young people with confidence and passion. You love being around them and working with them.
• You are empathetic and you truly understand the complex needs of young people.
• You are an enthusiastic team player, willing to get stuck in, be it running an activity or helping clean a room.
• You are able to work weekends.
What you will be doing:
- By having a flexible approach to support and by being creative, you will facilitate lots of varied positive engagement over weekends.
• By being well organised, efficient and effective you will help our Project Workers with support and a whole host of housing management tasks.
• By being attentive and conscientious about the environment in which you work and in which our young people live, you will make sure that the communal areas of the hostel are clean and that any maintenance issues affecting the health and safety of the building are promptly reported.
• By being vigilant and responsible, you will ensure the security of the building when on shift.
• Using your problem-solving skills, you will manage challenging behaviour within the project when it happens.
You will be in the Woodleaze team and your line manager will be our Woodleaze Manager.
What we are offering:
- Never a dull day, in a busy but rewarding environment.
• 30 days holiday or a day in lieu if working a bank holiday (pro rata for part time).
• A friendly and welcoming team and organisation.
• Scope to be creative in the delivery of meaningful activity for young people.
• A relaxed dress code every day!
- Hours per week: 18 hours per week (this represents 0.453 FTE)
• Contract type: Permanent
• Pay: £18,426 – £19,554 per annum (pro rata based on 0.453 FTE)
• The location: You will be based in Woodleaze in Yate, within walking distance of the train station with excellent links to central Bristol.
Job tenure: Part time
Annual salary/pro rata salary: £18,426 – £19,554 per annum (pro rata based on 0.453 FTE)
Link to full information on job/how to apply: • To access the Job Pack and complete an Application Form, please visit our Website at: https://1625independentpeople.peoplehr.net/Pages/JobBoard/Opening.aspx?v=5566064e-1a83-404d-8024-f055b59eba2d
• To have an informal chat about the role, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
• If you have any general queries, please email email@example.com
- Application deadline closes: 23:59, 23rd August 2020
• If you have not heard from us by 25th August 2020 please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
• Interviews are on 1st September 2020
Covering Letter / Supporting Statement Guidance
Please note that the online application form cannot be saved until it is fully complete. We recommend that you prepare your Covering Letter before you start the online application.
Your Covering Letter is essentially your Supporting Statement and will form the most important basis on which your skills, experience and behavioural competencies will be tested against the job criteria. Without it, your application cannot progress to the shortlisting stage.
You should refer to the Person Specification document within the Job Pack and cover only the elements that are tested at this stage of the recruitment process. Elements that only have the word ‘interview’ next to them will be tested at the next stage of the process and do not need to be covered in your letter.
Please try to keep the word limit to 250 words per criterion.
ALTHOUGH THE APPLICATION FORM GIVES YOU THE OPTION TO UPLOAD A CV, PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT A CV AS THIS IS NOT NECESSARY AND WILL NOT BE USED IN THIS PROCESS.
Equal opportunities for everyone:
We safeguard and promote the safety and welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. Any job offer will depend on a satisfactory DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) Barred List Disclosure Check.
We believe those with a criminal record should have an equal chance to become employees or volunteers. We also pride ourselves on being an equal opportunities employer for everyone regardless of age, disability, gender identity, race, religion and beliefs, sex and sexual orientation. We are particularly keen to increase applications from Black and Minority Ethnic groups as they are currently under-represented.
Please see our Policies section on the website, for further information. If you need an adjustment made to any part of the recruitment process, please let us know as soon as possible.
Application deadline: 23/08/2020