Volunteer Title: Volunteer Co-ordinator
Description of the Volunteer Role: The Museum is managed and staffed entirely by volunteers. The role of Volunteer co-ordinator is therefore a key position within the organisation, and involves the recruitment, management and training of all volunteers.
Key aspects of the role include:
- Compiling and maintaining guidelines and procedures for enrolling new volunteers.
2. Compiling and maintaining a data base of outside agencies from which volunteers are recruited.
3. Recruiting all new volunteers, recommending suitable candidates for full membership as appropriate.
4. Assessing the skills and views of new volunteers, assigning them to appropriate roles and ensuring support from a core worker.
5. Evaluation of volunteers on a regular basis, and adjustment of roles if appropriate.
6. Completion of recruitment adverts for magazines, Website, and other suitable organisations.
7. Acting as a first point of contact for Volunteers, who may be having difficulties during their activities within the Museum
8. Advising volunteers on any aspects of their work in the Museum
Contact information for applicants: If you are interested in this role please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 0117 960 5664.
Volunteers are on site at the Museum every Tuesday.If you would like more information on this role please drop in to the Museum on any Tuesday, or whenever it is open to the public.
The Museum will open to the public on 4 April, and then on Tuesdays, Saturdays and Sundays until 29 November from 2.00pm until 5.00pm, and on Bank Holidays between 11.00am and 5.00pm.
Kingswood Heritage Museum is located in the former Champion Brass Works, at Tower Lane, Warmley, BS30 8XT, just off Avon Ring Road (Cadbury Heath exit). Buses 18, 19, 42 and 43 stop nearby, and bus 44 stops only a little further away at Wraxall Road.
Closing Date: 15/04/2020
Organisation Name: Kingswood Heritage Museum