Visitor Services Volunteers play a key role in creating a welcoming and friendly museum experience, engaging with and inspiring our visitors by delivering first class customer service.
Volunteers will be working with the Visitor Services Team to enhance the visitor experience by supporting our Hosts in engaging with visitors and by promoting museum products and activities.
Tasks will include but not be restricted to:
- Welcoming visitors to the museum, checking and scanning tickets, managing queues, answering questions, gallery supervision
- Encourage visitors to engage with interactive activities
- Supervise activity tables and encourage engagement with object handling activities
- Promote museum talks and tours
- Be proactive in engaging with visitors and a willingness to share your museum stories
- Providing additional support with other initiatives
By supporting the museums objectives you will:
- Enable people to participate in and learn about Bristol’s aviation history
- Advance learning, skills and training
- Conserve Bristol’s aerospace heritage through engagement
- Celebrate Bristol’s aerospace achievements and inspire a new generation
Role Reports to: Visitor Services Duty Managers and Volunteer Coordinator
Where: Aerospace Bristol, Hayes Way, Patchway, Bristol, BS34 5BZ
Shifts are scheduled for 09:30 – 13:30, 11:30 – 15:30 and 13:00 – 17:00 on any preferred day of the week (Mon – Sun).
It would be most helpful to us if you were able to offer a minimum of one day every week to volunteer. This can be broken down into two half days.
Duration: The role will be reviewed regularly.
We are looking for people who:
- A passion for providing a high level of customer service
- A willingness to interact with museum visitors of all ages and backgrounds
- Ability to work as part of a team
- A willingness to promote the museum and its activities.
Please note no previous experience is required and full training will be provided.
Commitment to You:
- Volunteers will receive training for the role prior to their first day in the galleries
- We will welcome you to a team that is inclusive, welcoming and passionate about Bristol’s rich aerospace history
- We will work with you to understand what you want to achieve from your volunteering and assist you in working towards those goals
- We will listen to any ideas or suggestions that you might have
- We will reimburse any pre-agreed out-of-pocket expenses you may incur in fulfilling your role.
What’s in it for You:
- The opportunity to gain experience at an award winning museum
- Gain new skills and experience within the heritage/tourism sector
- The opportunity to meet new people and be part of a friendly and enthusiastic team
- Work with our amazing collection of objects
- Expand your knowledge of the aerospace industry and the important part that it has played in the lives of Bristol people.
Why We Want You:
Aerospace Bristol museum opened in 2017 and is home to the last Concorde ever built and the last to fly when it returned to its birthplace in 2003. Our vision is an aerospace museum, which inspires, entertains and informs through the understanding of, and engagement with, the stories and collections of Bristol’s aerospace industry – past, present and future. If you have a passion for planes, are enthusiastic about education, are mad for museums or are hoping to gain experience for employment then we want to hear from you.
- Volunteers are asked to adhere to the terms of the volunteer agreement
- Volunteers will be required to attend role specific training prior to commencing volunteering at the museum
- Volunteers may be required to undertake a Basic Disclosure Check prior commencing their role.
Number of Vacancies: Multiple
Application Deadline: Ongoing
For more information contact: http://aerospacebristol.org/visitor-services-volunteer or email firstname.lastname@example.org