Summary of Role
We are offering an opportunity for a Trainee Project Worker to join our dynamic High Support team in a newly developed role.
1625 Independent People (1625ip) is a leading youth homeless charity based in the South West, working with over 2,500 young people. We have strong local partnerships and adhere to the best practice in the sector, thereby building trusting relationships between young people and 1625ip staff is at the core of our work.
What we are looking for:
- You are someone with the passion and expertise to help shape a new role and service to enable young people to achieve their aspirations.
- You have desire and drive to develop your skills in helping vulnerable young people achieve their goals.
- You have the resilience to work closely with young people who may present with challenging behaviour, be chaotic, distressed and have learned not to trust.
- You are able to work under pressure, managing multiple tasks at a time whilst remaining positive and keeping focussed.
What you will be doing:
- Working through a set training and development plan, covering all areas of working in a high support setting.
- Supporting young people within the Hostel.
- Supporting the Hostel team to ensure young people are getting the best support on offer.
- You will be in the High Support Team and your line manager will be the St George’s House Hostel Manager.
What we are offering:
- 30 days’ holiday, plus bank holidays or a day in lieu if working a Bank Holiday (all pro rata as role is 0.6 FTE).
- An opportunity to work in a Psychologically Informed Environment.
- An opportunity to assist in shaping service delivery.
- Never a dull day, in a busy but rewarding environment.
Job tenure: 24 hours a week
Annual salary/pro rate salary: £18,056- £19,171 per annum (pro rata based on 0.6 FTE)
Deadline: midnight 1st May 2019
Interview: 9th May 2019
For more information and to apply please visit their website.