The Richard Davies Charitable Foundation is a discretionary grant-making trust that awards grants of between £1,000 and £10,000 to voluntary and community organisations in Bristol, Dorset and South Gloucestershire. The majority of awards are made in the Bristol area. The Trust does not fund national organisations.
Previous awards have ranged from £1,000 to £10,000. There is no specific requirement for match funding.
Organisation that have been given awards include:
- Avon Riding Centre for the Disabled;
- Great Western Air Ambulance;
- Self Help Community Housing;
- Bristol Samaritans;
- Gloucestershire Gazette —Thornbury Citizens Advice;
- The Mobility Trust;
- The Royal Blind Society; and
- The Bournemouth Youth Hand bell Team.
The Foundation does not maintain a website. Further information is, however, available on the Charity Commission website.
Applications may be made at any time in writing, addressed to:
Mr Malcom Coles
Richard Davies Charitable Foundation
76 Wollaton Road
(The Foundation does not advertise a phone number or an email address.)