Tackling Homelessness and Rough Sleeping Digital Conference | Broadcast Live | Wednesday 20th January 2021
The coronavirus pandemic demonstrated what can be achieved in an emergency situation to end rough sleeping and support those that are homeless, with thousands of rough sleepers being rapidly moved into temporary accommodation, evictions being suspended and the welfare state stepping up to provide a safety net for those in need.
Join our Westminster Insight’s Tackling Homelessness and Rough Sleeping Digital Conference will explore how we can keep the momentum after the lock-down has been lifted, build on progress made post Covid-19 and ensure no-one who is now indoors needs to go back to sleeping rough.
- John Isserlis, Senior Rough Sleeping Advisor, MHCLG
- Polly Neate CBE, Chief Executive, Shelter
- Lydia Stazen, Director, Institute of Global Homelessness
- Juha Kaakinen, CEO, Y-Foundation
- Molly Bishop, Strategic Lead – Homelessness, Greater Manchester Combined Authority
- Neil Munslow, Service Manager, Active Inclusion, Newcastle City Council
- Alex Smith, Project Manager – Housing First England, Homeless Link
- Oliver Standing, Director, Collective Voice
- Ian Swift, Group Services Manager, Housing Solutions, Southwark Council
- Dr Ligia Teixeira, Chief Executive, Centre for Homelessness Impact
- Cllr Sharon Thompson, Cabinet Member for Homes & Neighbourhoods, Birmingham City Council
- Hear best practice from around the world of successful interventions to tackle homelessness and how we might apply lessons learnt in the UK
- Progress delivering the Next Steps Strategy from the Rough Sleeping Taskforce
- Local best practice in resettling temporarily accommodated rough sleepers
- How local areas are implementing the Homelessness Reduction Act; early intervention, prevention and supporting those newly at risk of eviction and homelessness
- Delivering Housing First in England with an international comparison to the pioneers in Finland
- Addressing the health and social needs of homeless people in a safe way during the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, with a spotlight on improving access to specialist substance misuse services
- Improving use of data and evidence to inform the policies and interventions you apply to tackle homelessness
Wednesday 20th January 2021
09:00 – 13.00
View the agenda –> <https://localgov-insight.com/event/3559/YKLHZO-255248>
Book your place –> <https://localgov-insight.com/booking/3559/YKLHZO-255248>
YKLHZO-255248 for 20% off for 1 delegate
YKLHEO-255248 for 30% off for 2+ delegates
Codes will expire at 9pm, Thursday 3rd September 2020.
Pay online and receive a further 10% off.
For more information or any questions contact:
t: 0845 647 9000