Sports England wants everyone in England, regardless of age, background or level of ability, to feel able to get involved in sport and physical activity.
Some will be young, fit and talented but most will not. We need a sport sector that welcomes everyone, meets their needs, treats them as individuals and values them as customers.
The Small Grants programme aims to support this by offering funding to projects involving adults and young people aged 14 or over which meet one or more of the aims of our ‘Towards an Active Nation’ strategy:
- Get inactive people to become more active
- Develop lasting sporting habits
- Engender more positive attitudes among young people
- Develop more diverse volunteers
- Improve progression and inclusion among the most talented
- Projects working with mixed age groups may still be considered if there is a focus on people aged 14 and over.
Who can apply?
You can apply if your organisation is a not-for-profit, voluntary or community club or organisation, registered charity, not-for-profit company or community interest company.
Other social enterprises, schools or statutory bodies are also eligible.
What will we fund?
Our focus in deciding what we are able to fund is what difference you make with our funding, not what things you buy with it.
However, there are things that we will not fund. These include activity that is already happening, replacement equipment and fixed capital items or building/refurbishment projects (where our Community Asset Fund might be relevant).
How to apply
Please visit the website and complete their application process there.