South Gloucestershire Museums Group – Treasurer
The South Gloucestershire Museums Group (SGMG) is a co-ordinating group whose members comprise Museums and similar groups operating in South Gloucestershire. The group currently has 11 members who each pay an annual £5 subscription.
The aims of the Group are to promote inspiration, learning and enjoyment through the exploration of museum collections for the benefit of local communities and the general public.
A volunteer Treasurer is being sought to replace the present temporary Treasurer and to be an active contributor to the strategic issues that the group has been set up to address.
The role of the Treasurer is to monitor the financial administration of the SGMG and report to the quarterly meetings on the finances of the group. Apart from the annual subscriptions, there are currently less than 10 transactions each year. The main responsibilities include:
- leading the duty to ensure that proper accounting records are kept, financial resources are properly controlled, economically spent, in line with good governance, legal and regulatory requirements according to the Financial Procedures adopted at the December 2019 AGM
- acting as counter signatory on payments, projects and occasional applications to funders
- liaison with the external accounts checker for presentation of the accounts at the AGM
- overseeing and presenting a budget and annual financial statements to the SGMG AGM
- correspond with the officers by email and the group via jiscmail.ac.uk/SGLOMUSEUMS
- will become a volunteer for the group
- access to computer and internet and ability to use email
- experience in basic financial administration
- background in financial management would be useful
- able to use simple software for presentation of reports and management of financial data
As stated above, there are only a very limited number of transactions each year, so the time commitment is minimal. Much of the work can be carried out from home although attendance is desirable at the group’s quarterly meetings; also to present the accounts at the group’s AGM which takes place during the December meeting, normally in Yate.
How to apply for the job
If you are interested in applying for this role and need further information, please contact;
Roger Gosling, Vice Chairman, SGMG
email firstname.lastname@example.org Tel 01454 883607
David Hardill, Temporary Treasurer, SGMG
email email@example.com Tel: 01454 862200.
Please email a CV or Application letter to Roger Gosling, outlining how you fit the role.
This must include
- Your name and address, your email address and your phone number
- Names and phone number or email address of two referees
The CLOSING DATE for applications is 17 April at 23:59hrs
The selected candidate(s) will be asked to attend an interview at South Gloucestershire Council office in Yate.