Description of the Volunteer Role:
The ExtraCare Charitable Trust enables older people to enjoy a healthier, active and more independent lifestyle in a network of inspirational communities that represent a modern alternative to the traditional care or nursing home.
Purpose of the role:
The purpose of this role is to assist the Village/scheme Receptionist on the Reception.
- To assist the Village/scheme receptionist with tasks on reception
- To provide excellent customer service
- Answering the telephone
- Answering queries – face to face and over the telephone
- Taking and relaying messages
- Meeting and greeting visitors
- Directing and signposting people
- To observe standard procedures, general health and safety and rules of conduct
Pleasant, friendly personality, patient with a mature attitude.
Trustworthy, honest, reliable.
Ability to work in a team and under own initiative
Experience of reception work would be advantageous but training is provided
Able to maintain confidentiality
This role does not include the following tasks:
- Personal care tasks
- Administering medication
- Advice or support in relation to a person’s financial affairs
- No transferring (manual handling) of residents
Contact information for applicants:
Stoke Gifford Retirement Village, Edward Parker road, Stoke Gifford, Bristol,
Contact Number: 0117 440 3000
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 30/06/2019