Volunteer Title: Publicity Officer
Description of the Volunteer Role: The role of the Publicity Officer is to promote the museum to the general public, including all media, schools and groups within the area. The aim is to encourage maximum use of the facilities.
Key aspects of the role include:
- Ensuring that Museum brochures are available at suitable outlets across the area
2. To publicise the Museum whenever possible through TV, Radio, all local newspapers, and council publications
3. Ensuring that relevant colleagues are available if contacted by the media.
4. Encouraging schools and groups to visit in order to take part in conducted tours, in liaison with the Education Officer.
5 Support for Out Reach activity,
6. Ensuring appropriate publicity for special events and open days.
7. Maintaining records of media contacts and outlets for publicity material.
8. Ensuring that on-site publicity is available and relevant.
Contact information for applicants: If you are interested in this role please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 0117 960 5664.
Volunteers are on site at the Museum every Tuesday.If you would like more information on this role please drop in to the Museum on any Tuesday, or whenever it is open to the public.
The Museum will open to the public on 4 April, and then on Tuesdays, Saturdays and Sundays until 29 November from 2.00pm until 5.00pm, and on Bank Holidays between 11.00am and 5.00pm.
Kingswood Heritage Museum is located in the former Champion Brass Works, at Tower Lane, Warmley, BS30 8XT, just off Avon Ring Road (Cadbury Heath exit). Buses 18, 19, 42 and 43 stop nearby, and bus 44 stops only a little further away at Wraxall Road.
Closing Date: 15/04/2020
Organisation Name: KIngswood Heritage Museum