Description of the Volunteer Role:
During the school holidays we offer a free meal and fun activities to those experiencing food poverty in the Barton Hill/Lawrence Hill area. The hunger increases during the school holidays for families that rely on free school meals. We like to fill bellies with nutritional food, laughter and fun!
We’re looking for people that can get involved in leading and/or supporting games and activities for children. You’ll bring a positive energy to enthuse children to get involved in fun activities that bring them joy. This maybe playing board games, sporting activities, treasure hunts, creative play, dance, drama, team games or just ensuring that there’s an assortment of play equipment for children to play with freely.
If you have:
- A positive and energetic attitude towards bringing fun to children
- Previous experience of working with children (ideally)
- Excellent communication skills to communicate well with people from various backgrounds
- Ability to work within and apply boundaries
- Reliable and punctual to attend the shifts committed to
- Ability to be patient and understanding
- Ability to take initiative as well as encourage others
- Ability to be flexible and work according to the needs of the team
Then we’d love to hear from you!
Contact information for applicants:
Tell us a little bit about yourself and how you can be an encouraging and fun element to the lunch club for the children of Barton Hill by completing our application form. We will then invite you in for a chat and offer training for the summer clubs (if applicable).
If you would like to chat more about the role or to talk about different ways you would like to get involved then call Amy on 07801 762655 or email@example.com .
Closing Date: 07/07/2019
Organisation Name: St Luke’s Barton Hill