Summary of role:
We are offering an opportunity for a part time colleague to join our team to provide high quality support and housing management for homeless young people (including care leavers) in our medium to low support hostel, Southwold House, in Yate.
1625 Independent People (1625ip) is a leading youth homeless charity based in the South West, working with over 2,500 young people. We have strong local partnerships and adhere to the best practice in the sector, thereby building trusting relationships between young people and 1625ip staff is at the core of our work.
What we are looking for:
- You have empathy and understanding of the needs of homeless young people, young people leaving care, and the barriers they face.
- You are committed to health and safety, monitoring and recording to ensure the safety and security of the building, young people, staff members and visitors.
- You are flexible in how you work and able to work evening and (sleeping) night shifts.
Whilst experience of working in the supported housing sector would be desirable, it is not essential – having a positive, can do attitude is the most important thing.
What you will be doing:
- Responding to queries from young people, providing support as necessary.
- Overseeing the health and safety and security of the building when on shift.
- Managing challenging behaviour within the project when it happens.
This role offers an opportunity to develop skills, knowledge and experience in support work, particularly within supported accommodation. Our commitment as a learning organisation means you will be able to develop in the role and we will provide a full induction and ongoing training.
You will be in the South Gloucestershire team and your line manager will be the Hostel Team Leader – Southwold House.
What we are offering:
- 30 days holiday (pro rata for part time) or a day in lieu if working a Bank Holiday
- Regular supervision, yearly Personal Development Reviews and a supportive team, enhanced through monthly Reflective Practice session where we learn from our own and each other’s experiences.
- A listening and learning environment, with regular Wellbeing Surveys.
- Employer pension contribution of 4%.
- Hours per week: 33 (this represents 0.825 of full time equivalent (FTE) hours)
- Contract type: Permanent
- Salary range: £19,171 – £20,344 per annum (pro rata based on 0.825 FTE)
- Salary scale: NJC scale starting at the bottom of the scale (based on revised NJC scales as of 01 April 2019)
- The location: You will be based in Southwold House in Yate, within walking distance of the train station with excellent links to central Bristol.
- Job tenure: Part time
For the full information and to apply please visit their website.
- Application deadline closes 23:59 on 26 July 2019.
- If you have not heard from us by 30 July 2019, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
- Interviews are on 2 August 2019.