The ExtraCare Charitable Trust enables older people to enjoy a healthier, active and more independent lifestyle in a network of inspirational communities that represent a modern alternative to the traditional care or nursing home. The Charity operates 14 retirement villages and 17 smaller housing developments across the Midlands and the North.
Purpose of the role:
Library Assistants support the delivery and promotion of the Library Service. They welcome all library customers and identify their individual needs, actively seeking to meet those needs to provide a quality service and to enable customers to make full use of the facilities available. Staff support the systems and policies for the loan and management of stock, including self-service and use a variety of resources to provide information, including online services.
Please provide an overview of the role and why it is required
- Assist with providing and delivering services, to all sections of the community, for example, services to children and older people.
- Use the library management system and self-service equipment.
- Participate in the preparation of new materials, and the maintenance of existing stock through the repair and withdrawal of older materials as directed.
- Assist with requests and enquiries which are made either by telephone, email, in writing or face-to-face by searching information through computerised and non-computerised resources.
- Help the public use IT and information resources.
- Ensure the good order and general tidiness of the service point including the sorting and shelving of materials in the appropriate sequence and assisting with promotions and displays.
- Take part in a wide range of promotional activities and outreach work with all ages, including active involvement in rhyme and story times, undertaking craft sessions, hosting reading groups, organising author events, making school visits and visiting community centres
- Contacting customers regarding overdue returns
- To work with, and in consultation with, the staff and specifically the Village Activity Facilitator/Activity Coordinator and manager
- To observe standard procedures, general health and safety and rules of conduct
Contact information for applicants:
Stoke Gifford Retirement Village, Edward Parker road, Stoke Gifford, Bristol,
Contact Number: 0117 440 3000
Email Address: email@example.com
Closing Date: 30/06/2019