The consultation document ‘Phase 1 – Issues and Approaches’, will be out for consultation for 12 weeks from Friday 27 November 2020 until Monday 1 March 2021.
This stage is all about exploring and discussing the issues, challenges and approaches that could inform our new Local Plan.
In this consultation we will be seeking people’s views on:
- the issues and priorities that should shape how we plan for the next 15 years;
- how we might make choices about where large numbers of new homes and jobs will go, as well as choices about where we might look to protect from growth and change;
- how we might approach growth and change in our existing urban areas;
- how we can start considering growth and change in our rural communities;
- the range of planning policies we might include in our new Local Plan.
This first consultation is not about how much development is planned for individual places or which sites should be allocated or protected. Instead it’s about early ideas, discussions and suggested approaches which will inform future stages.
Your views and comments on this Phase 1 document will help to inform choices, decisions and detailed future discussions on options for growth and change in your area.
To get involved and have your say, visit www.southglos.gov.uk/Localplan2020 and send your comments to us by Monday 1 March 2021.
We have prepared a number of short videos to explain what a Local Plan is and what is contained in the consultation document. These videos will be available to view by the end of next week on our website (see link above).
As part of this consultation, we have also published the following supporting information and documents:
- Data and Access Profiles (DAPs);
- Sustainability Appraisal (Nov 2020) and Scoping Report (Oct 2020).
You can also view and comment on these documents as part of the consultation.
Please do get involved in shaping how South Gloucestershire changes and grows over the next 15 years, and pass on to anyone else who you think might be interested in responding.