Job Title: Head Office Receptionist and Administrator
Summary of role: Please find full details of how to apply via our Website in the advert below. The deadline for application submissions is 23:59, 23rd September 2020.
We have an opportunity for a new colleague to join our Central Services Department. If you like to be organised and keep everyone else organised in a multitasking and varied role then have a look at this opportunity to work with a great bunch of people.
We are a leading youth homelessness charity based in the South West, working with over 2,500 young people. We have strong local partnerships and adhere to the best practice in the sector. We build trusting relationships between our young people and our colleagues and this is at the core of our work.
What we are looking for:
• You thrive when working under pressure, juggling tasks whilst staying positive and focused.
• You are an efficient administrator and like to help everyone be organised too.
• You want to support the work the charity does with young people who may be homeless, leaving care. You are empathetic to the barriers they face.
• You are super-organised and efficient, with great attention to detail.
What you will be doing:
• Running a smooth-running efficient reception and admin service.
• Dealing with incoming and outgoing post.
• Monitoring and maintaining Head Office supplies.
• Booking food and supplies for training.
• Administering all meeting room, desk and facilities bookings for Head Office colleagues
• Accepting and accurately recording rent payments.
• Complete regular H&S checks for Head Office and assist the Central Services Director with H&S requirements for the organisation, including carrying out risk assessments when required.
• Coordinating ad hoc office services.
• Coordinating insurance requirements as required.
• Coordinating service contracts for Head Office.
You will be in Facilities and Systems Team and your line manager will be our Central Services Director.
What we are offering:
• An opportunity to develop your organisational skills within a busy head office environment.
• 30 days holiday a year, plus Bank and Public holidays.
• Regular Team and Cross Departmental Development Days.
• Team members that are very supportive of each other.
• Hours per week: 37.5 (this represents full time hours)
• Contract type: Permanent
• Pay: £20,344 to £21,166 per annum (NJC Scale 9-11), starting at the bottom of the scale. The pay is subject to NJC pay award 20/21 (still not decided)
• The location: You will be based in Kingsley Hall, close to Bristol’s main train and bus stations as well as the vibrant city centre.
Job tenure: Full time
Annual salary/pro rata salary: £20,344 to £21,166 per annum (NJC Scale 9-11), starting at the bottom of the scale. The pay is subject to NJC pay award 20/21 (still not decided)
Link to full information on job/how to apply: • To access the Job Pack for this role and complete an online Application Form, please visit the vacancy webpage on our Website: https://1625independentpeople.peoplehr.net/Pages/JobBoard/Opening.aspx?v=c1322a3d-54f3-40ac-9721-d6952538d8ae
• To have an informal chat about the role, please contact email@example.com
• If you have any queries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
• Application deadline closes: 23:59, 23rd September 2020.
• If you have not heard from us by 29th September 2020 please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
• Interviews are on 30th September and 2nd October 2020.
Covering Letter / Supporting Statement Guidance:
Please note that the online application form cannot be saved until it is fully complete. We recommend that you prepare your Covering Letter before you start the online application.
Your Covering Letter is essentially your Supporting Statement and will form the most important basis on which your skills, experience and behavioural competencies will be tested against the job criteria. Without it, your application cannot progress to the shortlisting stage.
You should refer to the Person Specification document within the Job Pack and cover only the elements that are tested at this stage of the recruitment process. Elements that only have the word ‘interview’ next to them will be tested at the next stage of the process and do not need to be covered in your letter.
Please try to keep the word limit to 250 words per criterion.
ALTHOUGH THE APPLICATION FORM GIVES YOU THE OPTION TO UPLOAD A CV, PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT A CV AS THIS IS NOT NECESSARY AND WILL NOT BE USED IN THIS PROCESS.
Equal opportunities for everyone:
We safeguard and promote the safety and welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. Any job offer will depend on a satisfactory DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) Barred List Disclosure Check.
We believe those with a criminal record should have an equal chance to become employees or volunteers. We also pride ourselves on being an equal opportunities employer for everyone regardless of age, disability, gender identity, race, religion and beliefs, sex and sexual orientation. We are particularly keen to increase applications from Black and Minority Ethnic groups as they are currently under-represented.
Please see our Policies section on the website, for further information. If you need an adjustment made to any part of the recruitment process, please let us know as soon as possible.
Application deadline: 23/09/2020