The Kids Fund is part of the Field Studies Council (FSC) which is a registered charity (number 313364) aiming to ‘Bring Environmental Understanding to All”. The FSC is an independent educational charity committed to raising awareness about the natural world. They work through a network of 17 residential and day Centres in the UK providing courses for schools and colleges at all levels in addition to adult Individuals & Families courses, outreach education, training and consultancy. They also publish many titles to support our work.
The Kids Fund is funded by donations, mainly from FSC members who commit part of their membership subscription to the Fund but also through donations and fundraising events.
The Kids Fund aims to:
- bring environmental understanding to disadvantaged young people by providing financial support for them to attend a course at an FSC learning location
- help disadvantaged young people to attend a course who may otherwise be excluded due to some form of disadvantage – health, mobility, deprivation or financial
Groups meeting the following three criteria will be eligible:
- Disadvantaged young people aged 4-18 years (or up to 25 years for those with special needs).
- Voluntary youth groups (either run by voluntary leaders, managed by a voluntary organisation, a registered charity)
- School groups may apply if they are aiming to provide benefits which are additional to the statutory school curriculum or clearly show added value, depth and breadth to the taught curriculum. FSC Kids Fund will not pay for young people to attend standard curriculum-focused FSC courses.
It will fund:
- FSC Environmental Learning and Environmental Activity Courses for disadvantaged young people
- Funding will normally be up to 80% of the cost of your group’s course to an FSC Field Centre to a maximum of £3000. This cost includes all accommodation, food, equipment, tuition and waterproof hire costs. 1 staff/adult free with every 10 students; additional adults pay 20%
- Groups of young people aged 4-18 years (or up to 25yrs for those with special needs)
Application Form: Available to download from the website.
Deadline: There are three funding rounds each year which close on 1st March, 1st June and 1st November.
You may apply at any time and your application will be held until the next decision round.
Contact: Kids Fund, FSC Head Office, Preston Montford, Montford Bridge, Shrewsbury, Shropshire SY4 1HW