For health information and advice please visit the NHS website and read their up-to-date pages.
Learn about the Governments Response and keep up with their latest advise and restrictions in response to the Coronavirus on GOV.UK
What CVS South Gloucestershire are doing
13/03/2020. Due to the ongoing COVID-19 (Coronavirus) CVS along with our Conference partners, The Care Forum and South Gloucestershire Council have decided to postpone our Conference until Autumn 2020. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
17/03/2020. We have taken the decision to postpone our Right on Time accountancy training course until further notice.
17/03/2020. CVS South Gloucestershire have today decided to hold our Board Meeting virtually.
18/03/2020. Our Business Support Officer will be working from starting Thursday 19th March, Tara is still accessible via email and we are hoping to have a mobile phone in place shortly.
18/03/2020. CVS South Gloucestershire are working closely with the VCSE Leaders Board to bring you updates within the VCSE Community.
18/03/2020. Quartet have just released some Grant Funding in response to Coronavirus read more here!
19/03/2020. Please contact CVS via email on email@example.com for the foreseeable future, we will endeavor to answer voicemails as soon as we can.
19/03/2020. CVS South Gloucestershire have created a short survey via survey monkey to see what support is there and what support is needed – we would really appreciate it if you could complete this survey.
23/03/2020. Our CEO, Steve Curry, is in continuous talks and virtual conferences to keep us all up to speed with Government and Local Councils guidelines and plans.
23/03/2020. The UK is in lockdown, see GOV.UK for latest updates from the PM.
24/03/2020. CVS South Gloucestershire are inviting you, our small local charities and community organisations to 2 support sessions, find out more here.
Ways to help your Organisation and Business Continuity
Use conference calls and video calls to limit your contact with peers in line with Governments advise. We suggest using one of the facilities below;
If you are hosting a formal meeting, such as an AGM required by your charity’s constitution, you should refer to your organisation’s governing document to see what it says about remote participation and quorum. See our advice on coronavirus and governance for more information.
What do we need to do to protect staff, volunteers and visitors?
- Government advice is to reduce social contact including working from home where possible.
- Handwashing facilities should be available and well supplied. More regular handwashing may require more supplies. Provide hand sanitiser, tissues and cleaning products around your buildings for staff and visitors. GOV.UK has published clear and printable instructions on handwashing techniques (PDF, 130KB) which can be displayed around the workplace.
- Cleaning regimes: Viruses can live on hard surfaces for up to eight hours. Frequently clean key areas including keyboards and door handles.
- There is government advice on social care and educational settings you may want to review if they apply to your organisation.
- Staff should stay at home for 14 days if someone in their household has symptoms of covid-19.
- If other members of the household develop symptoms during the 14 days, then they must not leave the home for 7 days from when these symptoms started.
- To reduce the risk of the spread of infection the government recommends social distancing.
- For those under 70, have no underlying health conditions and remain well, they are advised to limit their social contact where possible…using less public transport, working from home and considering not going to pubs, restaurants theatres and bars.
- For those over 70, have an underlying health condition or are pregnant, are advised to limit face-to-face interactions to family and friends if possible and to avoid public transport and going to pubs, restaurants, theatres and bars.
- Those who display symptoms of covid-19 do not need to call the NHS to go into self-isolation. If these symptoms continue or worsen after seven days, then contact NHS 111 online. Those without access to the internet should call NHS 111.
- Those in self-isolation should also refer to the government’s stay at home guidance.
NCVO Coronavirus and Governance: What charity trustees need to think about
What should I expect from funders?
We think funders should take a supportive and pragmatic approach to helping the organisations they fund throughout this period.
- Speak to your funders about the impact of cancelling or delaying project activities which are part of funding agreements.
South Gloucestershire Councils Updates and Response to COVID-19 can be found here.
How to help in your Local Community
- Support local businesses
- Help your vulnerable and elderly family, friends and neighbors
- Join the South Gloucestershire community Facebook group – specifically for COVID-19 and helping your community
- Please visit GOV.UK for DBS check and information for those that are looking to Volunteer and help our Vulnerable members within our community (Disclosure and Barring Service)
- Please check any local Catering Companies such as Charles Saunders (Yate, Armstrong Way) who are opening their trade counter for the public to buy much needed goods
- A local pub in Keynsham is offering free lunches to children who are out of school and whose parents cannot afford to feed them, alongside helping their community with deliveries and homemade pizzas. See their Facebook page for latest updates.
- Healthwatch South Gloucestershire’s COVID-19 advise can be found here.
- Help with registering as a Vulnerable Person on GOV.UK website.
- Community groups and COVID-19: what you need to know about data protection
- Coronavirus: how to help safely GOV.UK
- Find your local group.
Please follow our Twitter accounts for latest updates;
Useful website links
- NHS needs volunteers!: https://www.england.nhs.uk/2020/03/your-nhs-needs-you-nhs-call-for-volunteer-army/
- Charity Prepareness Group on Facebook – focus for larger charities and fundraising: https://www.facebook.com/groups/345239189766729/
- Covid-19 resources: https://covidmutualaid.org/community-resources/
- HR advice – Job Retention Scheme: https://www.cipd.co.uk/news-views/coronavirus/faqs?fbclid=IwAR1J7te-3AjGPFBw8SlCKIkN9ekbQ1zpLWt9HObpdk7AyysJyLgDQeRDWWE
- List of grant schemes continues to grow: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/coronavirus-charity-funding-announcements-ian-mclintock/?fbclid=IwAR37ycZxKzgyYxPZFmy5UogrxMcQQuQsETCGD_QvdTolPRE_mYYeNT-thk4
- COVID-19 Resource Hub by Charity Bank
- South Gloucestershire Council’s latest information and updates on their services, including The Community Aid Page
- ACAS are offering webinars on coronavirus for employers, which you may be interested in