Volunteer Title: Company Secretary
Description of the Volunteer Role: The role of the Company Secretary is to deal with all legal and constitutional matters on behalf of the Board of Management and Museum Trust.
Key aspects of the role include:
- Responsibility for ensuring the distribution of notices and agendas (and any other relevant documentation) for all meetings of the Board of Management meetings, including the Annual Meeting of members.
2. Assisted if necessary by a Minutes Secretary, ensuring the availability of the Minutes Book and all ancillary non confidential documentation for inspection.
3. Maintenance of minutes of meetings.
4. Production and distribution of the Agenda & Minutes of Annual General Meeting
5. Production and distribution of the Agenda & Minutes of Board Meetings
6. Production of Agenda & Minutes for Sub-Committee Meetings
7. Maintenance of a record of members.
8. To make an Annual Return to the Charity Commissioners
9. To make an Annual Return to Companies House.
10. To appoint an assistant to deal with the current Service Level Agreement with South Gloucestershire Council.
11. To Process the Lease for the building.
12.To handle the Trust Insurances and keep them up to date
13.To handle Equipment Service Contracts.
14.To handle any new Contracts for Equipment and Services.
15.To Manage Job Descriptions
16. To Manage Employee contracts
17.To ensure the following Polices & Procedures are in place:
A] Health & Safety
B] Equal Opportunity
C] Child Production
E] Volunteer Management
Contact information for applicants: If you are interested in this role please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 0117 960 5664.
Volunteers are on site at the Museum every Tuesday.If you would like more information on this role please drop in to the Museum on any Tuesday, or whenever it is open to the public.
The Museum will open to the public on 4 April, and then on Tuesdays, Saturdays and Sundays until 29 November from 2.00pm until 5.00pm, and on Bank Holidays between 11.00am and 5.00pm.
Kingswood Heritage Museum is located in the former Champion Brass Works, at Tower Lane, Warmley, BS30 8XT, just off Avon Ring Road (Cadbury Heath exit). Buses 18, 19, 42 and 43 stop nearby, and bus 44 stops only a little further away at Wraxall Road.
Closing Date: 15/04/2020
Organisation Name: Kingswood Heritage Museum