Administration volunteers support the organisations operational activities.
We are currently looking for an Administration Volunteer to join our finance department to support the team in day to day activities. This role would ideally suit someone who is seeking to gain experience for employment.
Tasks will include but not be limited to:
- Filing and scanning
- Working with spreadsheets to organise data
- Assisting with gift aid
- Supporting the team in day to day administration needs
There is the potential to expand the role in response to training and experience.
Role Reports to:
Head of Finance & Administration and Volunteer Coordinator
Aerospace Bristol, Hayes Way, Patchway, Bristol, BS34 5BZ
Preferably Mondays and Fridays however we can be flexible
The role will be reviewed regularly.
- Good attention to detail
- Friendly and flexible approach
- Able to follow processes
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Administration experience desirable but not essential
- Finance experience desirable but not essential
Commitment to You:
- Volunteers will receive training for the role
- We will welcome you to a team that is inclusive and welcoming
- To understand what you want to achieve from your volunteering with us a together work towards those goals
- To listen to you and any ideas or suggestions that you might have
- To support you in developing your experience in museum careers, if that is of interest
What’s in it for You:
- Working as part of a team
- An opportunity to learn about working within a finance department
- The opportunity to gain experience at an award winning museum
- Gain new skills and experience within the heritage/tourism sector
- The opportunity to meet new people and be part of a friendly and enthusiastic team
Why We Want You:
Aerospace Bristol museum opened in 2017 and is home to the last Concorde ever built and the last to fly when it returned to its birthplace in 2003. Our vision is an aerospace museum, which inspires, entertains and informs through the understanding of, and engagement with, the stories and collections of Bristol’s aerospace industry – past, present and future. If you have a passion for planes, are enthusiastic about education, are mad for museums or are hoping to gain experience for employment then we want to hear from you.
Application Deadline: 20/09/2019